The area IT Infrastructure and Service management deals can be generally splitted into two sub-areas:
- IT infrastructure deals with everything „underneath“ the application layer. This includes the design and implementation of standardized platforms (server operating system platforms, client platforms, database platforms, middleware platforms) and the design, implantation and transformation of data centers regardless if the target is still a client based datacenter, a shared datacenter or a cloud provider. This is accompanied by special solution for NONSQL-databases or Big Data.
- IT Service Management deals with all solutions, tools and processes that are necessary to setup the defined IT infrastructures and manage them in way, that SLAs for the IT infrastructure itself but also for the applications can be guaranteed.
The advantage is that we are not only able to provide all the technical stuff underneath an application layer but in combination with the other business related (front-2-back-office, market-data, commercial/retail-banking and cash- management/payments) we can deliver a ones-stop-shopping solution which includes the application as well.
And our services spawn the whole life cycle from plan (strategy, architecture), build (design, implement, integrate) to run (operate).
IT Infrastructure and Service Management are split into five topics where two topics fall into the IT Infrastructure sub-area (Virtualization, Platforms and Cloud as well as Big Data Management), two topics fall in the IT Service Management sub-area (IT Service Management as well as Monitoring & Service Impact Management) and the fifth topic combines everything together and enables us to deliver an outsourcing offer tailored for the needs of the specific customer.
Virtualization, Platforms and the cloud
This topic deals with:
- All kinds of VIRTUALIZATION, which is now the core of all IT infrastructures. Regardless if it is Server Virtualization (including product specific knowledge in VMware VSphere, Microsoft HyperV, Citrix Xenserver or KVM), Client Virtualization (including product specific knowledge in VMware Horizon) or Network Virtualization (including product specific knowledge in VMware NSX)
- The design and setup of PLATFORMS. Platforms (which can be created on the server operating system, client, database or middleware level) are used to deliver high quality and very flexible services “upstairs” with minimized infrastructure costs. They also enable easier Data center automation. Platforms do not only cover a technical aspect but also standardized processes and a supporting organization
- The CLOUD sub-topic deals with all stuff around the creation of private or hybrid-clouds or the migration to of public, private or hybrid-clouds (including specific knowledge regarding OpenStack and Cloudstack).
IT Service Management
ITSM covers organizations, processes and tools that are used to plan, deliver, operate and control IT services offered to internal or external customers:
- ITIL is the most widely used best practice in IT Service Management, but as it is not a set of rules that simply can be followed to create an effective and cost efficient IT Service Management
- The most Critical Success Factor in delivering ITSM is the adaption of a best practice framework like ITIL to the needs of a specific customer, the tailoring of the organization and processes and the adaption of tools that support these organization and processes
We offer the full set of consulting throughout the overall life cycle with strong experience in service level management, availability management, capacity management, change management, service asset and configuration management, release and deployment management, service validation and testing, event management, incident management and problem management.
In addition, we provide product specific knowledge in solutions like BMC ITSM suite, BMC Bladelogic for Server and Clients, Microsoft SCCM and SCOM, HP Asset Manager, iET, Bootix BMA, Puppet, Salt, Spacewalk and Satellite.
Service Impact Management and Monitoring
Service Impact Management is a function/process where Events are mapped to Services to get information which and how services are impacted and derived activities are started to reduce downtimes and minimize impacts.
Service Impact Management is used to:
- monitor the impact of events to services
- reduce the impact of events top service stability by automation
- report about events and their service impact
- run root-cause-analysis and impact-analysis-scenarios
There are a number of critical activities which decide if an implanted SIM solution is really a benefit and a step forward or not.
We provide all necessary services to create such a solution:
- Analysis of current state, GAP analysis, Project estimations (costs, timeline, risks, benefits)
- Tool evaluation and selection
- Process alignment, Organizational alignment
- Architecture with:
- Discovery & Import standards and Guidelines
- Standardized Service Modelling process
- Automated CI-2-Service-Assigments
- Technical Delivery Standards
- Event-2-CI-Mapping-Standards and Algorithms
- Technical installation, implementation, integration and quality assurance
- Rollout planning and operation, migration planning and operation
In addition, we have product specific knowledge for the IBM Netcool family, BMC Truesight family and Leuteks ZIS family which are the three major players within the D-A-CH-LI market.
In the pure monitoring sub-topic, we have knowledge about BMC Performance Manager, IBM Netcool, Nagios and Zabbix.
Together with our colloquies from the business-related areas) we provide also in-deep knowledge how your critical applications can be integrated into monitoring and Service Impact Management.
Big Data Management
This topic deals with important tools that are necessary to deal with Big Data:
- The MarkLogic NO-SQL database where we have a strong partnership
- Splunk, Graylog2 and Logstash for Logfile Management
- Elastic for complex searches in big data stores as well as logfiles
- Hadoop/HadoopFS as the base storage which is more ane more used when it comes to big data
We provide infrastructure outsourcing consulting for all size of customers and infrastructure outsourcing for small to medium sized companies.
Infrastructure outsourcing consulting:
- Deals with the question “what should I outsource”
- Helps searching for the best outsourcing partner
- Supports the setup of the corresponding internal control organizations
- Supports Migration projects
Infrastructure outsourcing enables small to medium size customers to outsource the whole server and application landscape to Be. If the customer is a financial institution, we can deliver a one-stop-shop outsourcing where we are not only responsible for the server landscape but also for the application landscape including 1st level support and applicational and technical 2nd level support.
We achieve this through the combination of the other topics within the IT infrastructure and Service Management area and all other business areas within Be.
- The sub-area IT infrastructure enables us to move your server landscape regardless if the target is another own data center, shared white space, shared rack space or a cloud provider
- The sub-area IT Service Management enables us to setup or migrate all tools and processes to manage your server and application landscape wherever they will be in the future
- The business-related areas front-2-back-office, market-data, commercial/ retail-banking and cash-management/ payments deliver all the application specific knowledge that is necessary to plan, build and run the new setup from an application point of view
Infrastructure outsourcing consulting controls and manages all tasks and people to deliver an integrated solution tailored to the needs of the specific customer which can be easily managed in the future.