Enterprise architecture design analysis
Our client, a debt collection agency, had experienced a variety of acquisitions and mergers with other companies in a relatively short space of time. As a result many different systems and processes were in place. The client was therefore looking to drive efficiencies in the business, including platform and process consolidation. The client required technical business architecture consultancy to evaluate the architecture design and determine any discrepancies between systems by defining the technical requirements to close the gaps.
Acquisitions of software platforms are happening at a faster rate than ever before. Many firms struggle with determining the degree of integration that is required following a merger or acquisition, not to mention defining the requirements and executing on it. We followed a simple five step framework to identify the discrepancies:
- Understand technology architecture and the future-state platform;
- Identify key stakeholders;
- Facilitated design enrichment sessions with different areas of the business including testing teams, development teams, technology providers and business SMEs;
- Managed collection of business requirements;
- Determine the epics needed;
- Analyse the gaps;
- Created user stories for each epic based on the inputs from the enrichment sessions;
- Ensured clarity of user stories in order to map them to business needs;
- Report the results;
- Led handover sessions of the granular level business requirements to the development team.
We led the successful design and build of the system integration with the debt management process. The newly established platform helped the client to improve the management and analysis of the manual processes and achieve better user/customer satisfaction by reducing client servicing time. The client gained greater visibility of customer profile data with improved customer profile pages. We also helped the client improve its management information capabilities, which enabled them to segregate data attributes and take tactical and strategic actions.