Digital customer onboarding transformation
A leading tier one global bank enlisted our services to drive best practice by designing a simpler customer and employee onboarding experience across customer segments and regions, enabling customers to use the products and services they need through a consistent and intuitive digital journey.
We conducted the following activities to support the delivery and implementation of a simpler onboarding experience and associated global target operating model:
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of the different customer onboarding journeys and its nuances across countries and regions where the bank operates;
- Translated insights from customers and employee experiences and secondary research into opportunities for standardisation, improvement and optimisation;
- Worked closely with product owners, architects, financial crime and business subject matter experts to lay out the vision and target journeys, whilst addressing specific business pain points;
- Supported the identification and breakdown of customer journeys into key delivery capabilities and features to enable easier product prioritisation in relation to scope and business outcomes;
- Reviewed and approved user stories to ensure process alignment and quality;
- Supported the change and implementation team to execute readiness activities across multiple releases and markets.
The solution and key benefits
We planned and led the delivery of different onboarding journey designs and associated end-to-end processes to be rolled out globally. During the first pilot, the programme significantly improved the customer and employee experience through a simplified and tailored onboarding application system. Onboarding time was reduced by 30% on average through a process of standardisation, digitalisation, automation and integration with core back-end systems.